Monday, November 22, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge- Day 1



This blog challenge is getting me in the holiday spirit!!! We have so many family traditions it seems like....


Extended family traditions include having The Oliva Family Christmas, which is one of my favorite things! My Mom's side of the family is crazy and huge, so we have to rent out a shelter house to fit us all. It includes all of my grandpa's siblings and their families and then their kids families, so we always have around or over 45 people. It is such a fun time to hang out with everyone and play games together, my uncles are all really loud/hilarious so it makes for a ton of laughter.


One of my favorite parts of Christmas is getting to eat my grandpa's Cranberry Ice! I honestly could skip all the actual food and just eat that on Christmas morning. It's homemade sherbet/ice cream with cranberries and it's my families favorite. We start eating it in the morning when we arrive at my grandparents house and end up grazing on it all afternoon.


A new tradition that some of my best friends started last year is making Christmas candy together! This will be our 2nd Annual Candy Making Event and I can't wait for the cooking to begin! We all bring a recipe and bring the ingredients and bake our treats together, then we all trade and end up taking some of everything home.


Check back tomorrow for my Black Friday shopping tips!!!
Ashley

1 comment:

Kit said...

Christmas Candy...that is too fun! Great traditions!