Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bullet List Tuesday

So I am currently getting ready for work and decided I needed to get a post in before Wednesday....since I haven't posted since last Wednesday. I really am trying to get better. I literally haven't opened my computer all weekend, and it has been SO nice!!! So today I'm going for a bullet list since I'm low on time!


- Last Thursday we had our primary music recital....it was the wonderful!!! Some of the parents said that it was the best one they've seen in years, props to Ms. Noll! She went with a Broadway theme and had the kids sing songs from old musicals. The Kindergartners did a Fabulous job! At the very end of the concert they went up for a Kindergarten only song.....Tiffany and I weren't aware of the actual song they were singing. (we were just instructed to get them on the risers) Anyways, they sang a song called, "Look How Far We've Come". Let me just tell you that they didn't even have the first line sung and Tiffany and I were in tears. By the end of the song we were full on balling our eyes out standing right by the stage. It was the sweetest song and it was so true....talking about how they've learned ABC's and all these things we've done together this year. It's kinda hit us in the face like WHOA this is ending soon. Emotional night to say the least, very sweet though!


- I have been glued to my Nook for the past couple weeks. I am WAY behind on all my shows and have been MIA. These books have sucked me in. More on those tomorrow!


- Went camping on Saturday night at a local lake! It was Melissa's last weekend in town for the summer so we all wanted to get together before she leaves. We all had a ton of fun!! Sleeping on the ground wasn't wonderful....but it didn't matter because we were all together. Here are a few pictures of the night! (The gentlemen in the photos DO NOT typically dress in such fashion, they were going for a unique look, haha.)







- Took my first golf lesson last night, it was super special. I've had the same swing since high school and apparently it's been wrong the whole time. Needless to say breaking my bad habits is looking to be tough! More to come on this one....


- Tomorrow is Kindergarten Round-Up I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I'm crossing my fingers that we have a good turn out. We decided to go with a Hollywood theme and I think it's going to turn out really cute!


- Running another 5K on Saturday, not sure how I'm going to end up doing. I have been slacking big time since my last race. Time to kick it into gear this week!


Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!


2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I bet the kids were so cute! I am so addicted to my Kindle. It's ridiculous! I've never been golfing. My dad loves it, but I'm not sure it's for me. Haha, I think I would prefer to sit in the golf cart!

Molly said...

Enjoyed the golf lesson, feel a LOT better about my golf skill, or lack there of for that matter, ha! Thanks for going with me!

Camping looks like it was a great time!