Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday



I know I haven't blogged since last What I'm Loving Wednesday....but it has been yet another busy weekend/week so far. But I have a lot I'm loving this week!!!
So shall I start?!?! I'm thinking so....


I'm loving that I did my baby (not so baby anymore) cousins makeup and hair for her last prom! I can remember when my mom watched her as a baby. All I wanted to do was love on her....my mother may or may not say I smothered the child. Anyways, she is all big and grown up now! Makes me feel so old!!



Horrible picture of me....I was in sweats right before this picture and was back in them after the picture was taken. haha
I'm loving that after an emotional weekend I finally feel like myself again. Home girl was crying at anything and everything....oh the joys of being a girl ;)

I'm loving witnessing someone fall asleep in public and do the infamous head bob. In this case it was a kindergartner at a nursing home last week. Hilarious!! and so sweet....poor guy was done for the day!


This was mid bob....
I'm loving that I might possibly be moving into a classroom that has a sink!!! A SINK!!!! If your a teacher reading this you understand.....Having a sink in my room and having the bathroom right outside my door would save me from dealing with my current bathroom drama. Moving EVERYTHING out of my current room I'm not too crazy about. But I'll get over that real quick for a sink!!!!


I'm loving that today at school we had two butterflies come out and the kids got to witness it!!! It was so cool and the kids loved it!


I'm loving that today one of my little girls and her mom brought me yummy fruit and fruit dip for teacher day. The mom also wrote me the sweetest card that brought me to tears. (emotional much) I sure am glad I waited to read it after I had taken the kids to music, that might have been slightly embarrassing.


I'm loving that my critters have their Spring Music Recital on Thursday!!! I love watching them get up and sing their little hearts out. I might be a little bias but the Kindergartners are some of the cutest!


I'm loving how the Lord has put me in a restful place even within all the chaos of the week. I know he has a plan for me and I am faithful in that plan. (His pace for this plan of his could move a little faster if it was up to me.....but it's not so I'll just keep trucking along!)


I'm loving that I am going CAMPING on Saturday with some of my favorite people!!! I mean normally sleeping on the ground might not being something I jump up and down for....in this case I CANNOT wait to spend time with these friends! So ground it is!!!


Things I'm NOT loving this week!


- This is going to be Melissa's (my sister) last weekend in town until August! She is working Extreme Team at Camp Barnabas this summer. I'm going to miss her so so much!! Just an excuse to go visit though!


- The chicks may or may not be alive!! We had a minor incident yesterday when I realized that the incubator was unplugged!!!! Not sure for how long or how it happend (no one did it apparently, those things usually happen all by themselves) but the temperature dropped to about 80 degrees....it's supposed to stay at 99. We might end up having some funky looking chicks if they hack. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that they're still growing and will come out looking decent.


- Our family dog Candy is getting real old, I think we got her when I was in 4th or 5th grade maybe?? Her back legs aren't working anymore and she scoots herself around. It's so sad watching her try to run/walk. I know the day is coming when were going to have to say goodbye, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself.


What are you loving this week?? Link up over at Jamie's blog!

7 comments:

Emily Powell said...

good job on the hair!

Kit said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pup! I know that is really difficult!

Greer's Gossip said...

Our butterflies just hatched as well and my kids went nuts! :)

Chelley N said...

Your cousin's hair looked great! Happy Wednesday!

Megan said...

I hopped over here from your what I'm loving link up :)

Glad you're feeling appreciated at school! And yay for butterflies :)

The Pressley Family said...

Hey! Stopping by from WILW:) Great job on the hair! Very excited about your sink too. As a teacher, I know that's a hot commodity:)

Tracy said...

When we did chicks in 4th grade, someone dropped Keith (my cousin's) chick like the first day it was hatched. Needless to say..it swayed a little to the left. Ha. Poor thing. He was so sensitive about it, esp when we told him his chick was retarded. (Kids are cruel...ok I MIGHT have said it too!)

Miss you girl. Hope things are going good!