Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weekend Happenings and The Want List

Exciting News!!!!
*The tickets are purchased!! I am officially going to Spain this summer!!! So excited!! I'm not too familiar with Spain but I plan to read up on it and learn more before I leave. Anyone been and have recommendations??

* I ran my 2nd 5K this morning....it was rather interesting. I have not been on my fitness game these last couple of weeks. So considering I didn't train seriously for the race and only ran a mile on Mon. & Wed. this week, I didn't do a horrible job. I had my same time as my last race which was kind of disappointing...but I'm going to try harder next race! The only thing that got me through the race was the breakfast we were having afterwards. haha My friend Melisa and I had breakfast at one of my favorite breakfast places in Lawrence with her sister and her husband. It was a fabulous morning! *Good Run *Good Coffee & Food *A Little Shopping *Great People = Wonderful Saturday Morning!!!

*I am in the need of a few things.....(these are on my "Want List" currently) 
*A place of my own....house, apartment or townhouse it doesn't matter. I need something that is mine and affordable! 

* A dog....because if I live on my own by myself I'm going to need a gun or a dog. I'm thinking out of the two options a dog might be a little safer. I'm not sure what kind of dog I want yet, something that is intimidating to possible intruders. Like perhaps one of these......

The thing about dogs are that I'm not all about the whole puppy stage. Yes they are oh so cute...but they mess all over the place and I don't know if I have the patience. I want to buy a dog that is all trained and ready to go. In my dreams right?!! haha

*Next on my want list (I'm flexible here)....Husband, Boyfriend or Date. I know that those should probably be written in the opposite order but this is my blog and it's MY want list right? haha I'm usually trucking a long have a great time not really worrying about the fact that Mr. Right is no where to be found. This week has been an unusual week and the Alone sign that sometimes flashes in my head has been blinking in big bold letters frequently. I'm not looking for the usual words of encouragement...."He's out there!"....."It'll come when you least expect it!".....Blah Blah Blah. Which are all very nice/true and are sometimes exactly what I need to hear. Just not at this moment, because even though they are nice it doesn't change anything or make it any easier. Nice guys where are you??

*The next 1 and a half weeks to fly by! I'm ready to lay by the pool and read!! I want summer to come in full force! (I would appreciate the current cold weather to go away and the 70-80 degree weather  return!)

I am excited to participate in the Summer Blog Swap hosted by:

Lindsey@ Lovin' My Life

I had a great time getting to know new bloggers during the Spring Swap and can't wait to get to know some more!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!



2 comments:

MrsV said...

How exciting girl! I've never been to Spain, but I did travel around Europe for a month as a nanny. Traveling to other countries is amazing! Congrats! Also, I'm with ya on the "puppy" phase, babies are easier than puppies, I don't do puppies! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Jamie @ The Yellow Brick Road

Whitney said...

Hey! We are Summer Swap Partners!!! :D

E-mail me whenever you can.

whitney{at}prettywhitty.com