Tuesday, January 4, 2011

They're Coming Back

Tomorrow is the day.....The kids are coming back to school after 2 wonderful weeks away! The break was much needed and fabulous, but I have a feelings it's going to be like the first day of school ALL over again. It's 2 weeks that all of the hard work getting them into a routine and setting rules up the whole first half of the year fly out the window (so I've been told by veteran teachers). This (long deep breath in, and out)...This is something I am not looking forward to. Then I think of the first couple weeks of the school year I remember practicing lining up without talking 6 times before we could even leave the classroom. Is this really necessary??? I think Not...but we did it alright. I was the mean teacher that if one person decided to talk in line, everyone sat back down and we tried again. Even though I'm not thrilled to go back to work...I am excited to see my kids and listen to all the stories they are going to be itching to tell. Good thing I have recess duty tomorrow (a lot of their stories I usually tell them to wait and tell me at recess...we'd be listening to stories all day if I didn't put a limit to them in class.) Getting back into a normal routine is going to be extremely nice, I will finally feel productive again! 


Today we had an inservice, so we had meetings in the morning and work day in the afternoon. The work day part was AMAZING! I usually end up staying after school till super late trying to get extra stuff done, so this day to make activities was awesome. I laminated SO much stuff.... lamination makes me REAL happy (cutting out part not so much). Luckily I have a wonderful grandma that will take some of that cutting off my hands for me, she's a life saver!! I spent the entire day trying to make new literacy centers that my kids can do independently while I take a guided reading group. Working independently can be rather difficult for my kindergartners, not sure if anyone else runs into the problem of constantly being asked questions... usually ones that they can figure out by themselves.  I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow goes better than I'm anticipating!


"In the midst of chaos, if you have peace in the Lord you will be in a restful place."
 (This is what got me through the day!)
 

No comments: