Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet The Teacher

 






I stumbled upon this super cute and fun teacher blog the first grade parade...and decided to participate in her "Meet The Teacher" link party! I'm all about Q &A's and anything teacher related. So here it goes.....
Studying abroad in Italy.
(I'm in the middle...enjoying a KU football game with my sisters! Rock Chalk!)
This is me...I am 24 years old and it is my first year teaching! I couldn't be more excited to finally be done with school and have some little critters of my own. I went to the University of Kansas (Go Hawks!!) and got my degree in Early Childhood Education. I landed my first teaching job this year 2 days before school started....it was a whirlwind of emotional highs/ lows the beginning of the school year. I finally feel like my feet are on the ground and I know what I'm doing (most days). I am new to the blogging world and am loving all things blogs right now! It's been great reading peoples stories and getting great craft/ teacher ideas for my classroom! Oh yeah....I teach Kindergarten and have 16 little critters in my class this year and am loving it! 


I am single and kid-less....I have an amazing group of friends that have a whole slew of little girls running around and I have a great time being Aunt Ashley to all of them!  I am currently loving learning to cook, Wednesday's & Sundays cause that means church, friends, family, crafts, reading, Esty, knitting, and Christ! I have a huge heart for people with disabilities and have had the amazing opportunity to work/volunteer at Camp Barnabas for the past 5 years. (It's a little slice of heaven in Missouri)
My Class this year...we made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!
At Camp with my camper Michael.

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher? 
A:  I would love to be an event planner or photographer.

       Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                   








 A:  Real Housewives, Jersey Shore, Glee, Smoothies, Thai food, Forever 21, H&M, getting my hair, nails, or toes done. (Ooh what I wouldn't do for a pedicure right now!) ......just to name a few.   
Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                              
 A: Snakes and all the creepy crawly things, being alone and drowning.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
                          
 A: New York City! Love love love that place!! Or Italy (anywhere in Europe really) but I have some special people in Italy that I miss very much!
                                                         
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
                           
A:  Be yourself….stand up for what you believe.  Pray about everything, worry about nothing;  Don’t worry about what other people think about you…life is TOO short!
Q: What do you value most in others?
 
    A:  Honesty….whether it’s being honest about something or being true to yourself!  Kindness and loyalty are right up there, too!!
Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it
be?                                                           
A: My sense of humor/ being laid back....I think I do a pretty good job laughing at myself and things that are funny. haha I also think letting things role off your back is a great trait to have! (Not sweating the small stuff)
 
Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                      
A: That's a hard one...I think right now I would say one of my besties Lynsay. She lives in New York and I miss her so so much! Having lunch together isn't an option for us very often.
 

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:








 When I student taught the teacher I worked with had a therapy dog....I would LOVE LOVE to have a therapy dog of my own in my classroom some day. (Not too exciting I know) 
 
 Now it’s time for YOU to join the party!!!! Here’s what you need to do: Write a post titled “Meet The Teacher”. Start with a brief “biography” and then copy & paste the Q&A {using your answers, of course!} Don't forget to grab a button when you link up (you can get it at First Grade Parade)!!


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Rock Chalk baby!!

Hope E and Z can have as good of a Kindergarten teacher as you!! I am so scared for those days!! ;( Pre-school start in August and I think I will be a MESS!!!! Glad to have such good teacher friends to bounce ideas off!

Cara Carroll said...

You are too cute!! THanks for linking up! So nice to "meet" you!!

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com