Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sisterly Love


My sisters are now 22 years old and it feels crazy that we can possibly this old already. Not that I remember these pictures being taken at all, but when I look at them and then look at them today I feel like they should still be these little babies.
I was a fan of being the big sister back then and from what my Mom says I smothered them with love....maybe squeezing them a little too tight sometimes. Always wanting to hold them or as home movies show... it looked like I wanted to be in the spot light as well sometimes.  (It's apparent I didn't want to be the overlooked child....dancing in front of the camera when they were clearing wanting to videotape the girls...I liked attention apparently.) Everyone always asked me growing up what it's like to have "Twin Sisters". Well I haven't known anything different, sometimes I forgot that they were actually twins. They look different for one and have completely different personalities. Any of you that know the girls would agree with me that they are their own person. Each ever so beautiful and funny in their own way!
Our facial expressions in the photo crack me up! Welcome to our life!
Growing up it was great being so close in age with the girls. I mean we definitely went through our moments/ phases where I think we wanted to knock each others heads off. (Sometimes we still have those moments) It has been so fun getting older and having our own unique relationship with each other. Some would call it rude and mean the way we talk to each other sometimes. But we feel like insults and sarcasm are hilarious...and spend a good amount of time laughing together. When new people come into the mix they don't really know how to take us three when were together. Usually it consists of a lot of awkward looks and hesitation on whether to laugh or back away from what looks like an argument. haha It drives our parents crazy when we get on a role....usually end with our Mom yelling at us and then us laughing when she walks out of the room. Hard to explain but we do actually love each other! Laughing together is good for the soul!
That sister bond is something that can never be broken and it's hard to put into words how much a love and adore my sisters. They have turned into a pair of beautiful young women and it's been wonderful watching them blossom over the last 22 years! We have been able to rejoice in our successes together and cry together in times of sadness. So now they are 22 and every year when they blow out the candles this is the image I see.
 How cute are they...I mean really!!



I think I'll forever picture them as those sweet, beautiful little girls and it's nice to remember those moments when we were little. But they are still sweet, beautiful and now all grown up women...that may act like those goofy little girls occasionally!
These are from a couple birthdays ago....but I just love the pictures so I had to share!
Happy Birthday Allison and Melissa (a few days late) I love you girls more then words can say and I am so proud to be your sister!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

what a sweet post! happy birthday to your sisters!

Tracy said...

Oh my! I LOVE the picture of you with Tony the Tiger!! I am crying laughing!!!

I love you sisters too!! They are so sweet and DEF have different personalities!!

Happy birthday girls!!

Ashley said...

Thanks girls!! They are so sweet and definitely deserve a shout out. Tracy I laugh every time I see that picture too. It's stink'n Hilarious!

Molly said...

Love this, how sweet! Your sisters are lucky to have such a loving a sweet big sister like you :)