Saturday, February 26, 2011

Running Up Hill

So I have been a little MIA lately and have been neglecting my blog...(I do apologize to the few people that actually read this thing) The past few weeks have been a little crazy with work and just life. We had conferences at school which was a tornado in itself and then finally our first full week of school in I don't know how long. Let me tell you...that full week of school made me exhausted! All these snow days and inservices have spoiled me and I am not used to this whole going to school 5 days in a row. Anyways, I'm back!!!


One of my friends Melisa had a sweet baby girl in December! I have been blessed with all of my friends having these beautiful girls that I get to snuggle and play with all the time! So Melisa and I decided that when she got cleared from the doctor to start working out we were going for it....and we have! We wake up 3 days a week at the butt crack of dawn and run. No way in my life would I be doing this if she didn't meet me every morning, because me and morning don't really have the best relationship. It has worked beautifully though and we are going over a month strong on waking up and actually going. I can't tell you how much of a motivator it is having a workout buddy, she has truly been a blessing. I have wanted to consistently workout for awhile but something always gets in the way, and going after work for me just doesn't work. I am ready to get in my sweats and watch something on the tube or just hang out. It's been really nice just getting done and out of the way in the morning. Were going to do a 5k sometime this spring. (I'm a little nervous because I haven't gotten over that hump of wanting to die in the beginning) I'm crossing my fingers that within the next couple weeks I'll be able to increase my distance and not want to collapse or feel like I need to walk a bit to survive. Right now I feel like I'm running up hill and my chest is on fire.....which is always a pleasant feeling right?! haha


Friday....Friday's are my favorite for many reasons. Were going to have some bullet action here for a second.
Reasons I  LOVE Friday's:
1. Duh...it's Friday
2. It's always my good run days
3. Show and Tell at School
4. I can stay up late and not pay for it the next day
5. Weekend is here!!
6. We usually have pretty solid snacks


This particular Friday started off fabulous, I ran the furthest I have without stopping to take a little walk. So I was thinking this is great my day is going to be Fabulous! The kids were awesome on Thursday so surely they'll be great again today. That  of course didn't happen!! I got to work and was working on getting my materials out for the day when in walks my principal. Which is kind of out of the ordinary....she's a busy woman and goes between 2 schools, so she doesn't frequent my room all too much. (love the lady, but she is rather intimidating) Back to the story, Dr. K comes in and has me choose a time slot and then informs me that they are doing Principal Walk Through Training and that she and 5 other principals are going to watch me teach for around 20 minutes TODAY. ( Let's take a little time out for just a second.....TODAY really??? No notice nothing) I was a little unprepared so I was thankful that I have first plan period. So I pulled out all the stops and got my room ready for this lesson 6 principals are going to be watching. (I was sweating bullets) The day went downhill from there...It's not that the observation went bad at all, it's actually went really good I feel like. The kids were on task and they seemed to like what they saw. I just am not all about something like that being sprung on my 2 hours before it's going to happen, I was a little flustered. 


So after the parade of principals came through Room 107...it was like some type of switch that turns kids into little monsters got turned on. (Just to my boys) I have 2 friends that fight/argue ALL the time and it drives me nuts. The both are currently sitting next to me on opposite sides of my desks....oh the special friends!


 One little boy decided he didn't want another little boy standing by him...so naturally you should punch that kid in the stomach right?? I mean WHAT in the world really? I think someone has been watching too much WWE. So I sent him off to the principals office to have a little chat, and called his mother. She was not please to say the least. She called back a little later though and was mad (I mean real hot) at me and the school. She was very vocal with me about something that had absolutely nothing to do with the current situation and I was real confused and taken aback by it all. So while I'm on the phone with her, boyfriend is in the hallway talking to me about the actual situation and the principal in teaching my class. I mean talk about a Tornado! It was craziness! This was the first time I've had a parent be mad or loud with me...I know it's not going to be my last. But I felt bad because the last thing I want to do it make another person upset or angry with me. It all got worked out though in the end and I think everything is going to be okay with the family. As the afternoon went on I had to make 4 phone calls to different parents....4!!! I mean goodness that is just ridiculous! Needless to say we had a lot of tears flowing in Room 107 and I was about to join them. I am praying that Monday brings peace and some better behavior. I felt so emotionally exhausted and defeated on my way home. 


Thank goodness it's the weekend. I'm having a Silpada Jewelry party today and am excited to see good friends and family today!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!




No comments: