Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Blog Challenge- Day 1

Blog Challenge time....I have failed miserably at this in the past, so will see how well I do this go around. I have been so busy at work lately I have been neglectful to blogging. I'm crossing my fingers that this challenge will keep me updating more frequently! Today's challenge is...Post a picture of yourself and 10 facts about you!


Ten Facts About Yours Truly:
1. I am a Tv on DVD junkie....if it's out on DVD sign me up I'll give it a try!! It all started Freshmen year of college with the O.C. and it's went downhill from that point on. It's WAY better then waiting each week for a new episode to air!
2. I have recently started working out with my friend Melisa. Running has never been part of my life but I am having a great time getting into it. It's been hard work....but seeing my progress has kept me motivated to keep pushing through the pain. 
3. I am a huge chicken when it comes to theme parks....Roller Coasters (are you kidding me, not happening) I used to love the rides that spin and now I'm nervous that I'll get nauseous and puke. (side note: I have never actually gotten sick on any ride I've been on, it's just the thought of vomiting that I can't handle...it's ridiculous I know!) Puke and myself don't really have a good relationship, it involves a lot of crying on my end and me acting like a big baby. So theme parks (other than Disney...who doesn't love themselves some Disney?!?) I usually steer clear of or I'm the chick riding the kid rides with the little ones. 
4. I have an amazing group of friends that I consider family! I honestly don't know where I'd be today without these people in my life. It definitely wouldn't be as fun! They all have had sweet little girls and I have had such a great time being "Aunt Ashley" to them all!
5. I want to travel all over the world and see everything! I would love to go on some vacations, but I would also love to travel with a purpose. I have been to Europe once to study abroad in college and having a purpose and connecting with the locals made a huge difference. I would love to serve and go on a missions trip somewhere (anywhere that I can be of need). 
6. I went to KU (The University of Kansas) Rock Chalk baby! I never thought I'd be one of those alumni that is hardcore in love with their school. I AM! When the commercials come on for the school I get chills! Don't even get me started on the Rock Chalk chant....oohh buddy I get real excited! It took me it seemed like forever to graduate, but I am so proud of myself for sticking with it and getting it done. 
7. My family is wonderful! I have 2 amazing parents that have supported me through the rough times and celebrated with me in the good times. My sisters...you'll just have to check out my post on them. I'll just say this, they're pretty cool I guess. :)
8. I can't wait to have a family someday...I want a big family with a bunch of kids running around. I want that whole controlled chaos atmosphere, with love bursting through the roof! 
9. I have my first big girl job and am loving it. (I got hired 2 days before school started this year, can you say mass chaos!) I teach Kindergarten to 16 little critters that melt my heart most of the time and drive me crazy a tad. I have the BEST coworker ever, we were both new to the school and kindergarten this year and have grown together. She is younger like me and we just click, I can't wait for next year when we have time to finally breath and set things up the way we want.
10. I just cut 12 inches off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love! It was a random decision that involved me breathing heavy and closing my eyes while she chopped it off. It went to a wonderful cause though and I am very happy with my choice to chop it.
11. (Sorry I went over) I have a huge heart for kids/adults with disabilities. I have taken our youth group to Camp Barnabas in the past and worked on staff last summer. It is a wonderful place where individuals with disabilities can come and have a typical camp experience during the summer. This place is filled with God's love and joy and you see it all over the kids faces! If you've never hear of Camp Barnabas check it out, it's a slice of heaven located in Missouri.


That's all for today, if you'd like to join in on the March Blog Challenge hop on over to Cait's blog. It's super cute!

3 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

I'm watching The Bachelor online while looking at blogs and when I get to yours Michael Buble's song comes on! hhaha, it was perfect!

Molly said...

Love all of these, and love you even MORE! This challenge looks fun, I may or may not have to check it out!

Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading what you had to write for the Blog Challenge. I'm doing it too :-)

I want to travel with purpose too someday :-) I even bought a book that talks about volunteer vacations...it's pretty good and is a good place to get started! I LOVE to travel though, in general! And to the most obscure places imaginable!

Have a great week!

<3 Megan
http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com