Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mix'n It Up....5K, Rowing, Spain and Easter

So I have again failed at keeping up to date on my blogging. I feel like the last couple weeks have flown by so fast! I need to do a bit of a recap! 


Last weekend I did my first ever 5K!! I started running at the end of January with my friend Melisa and have been working towards this race for awhile. I FINISHED!! (which is not that hard to do I guess...but it was my first race ever and I was a little nervous someone was going to have to pick me up on  golf cart mid race.) I stopped a total of twice to walk towards the end of the race because I really thought I was going to die, this mental side of running gets the best of me sometimes. A little fun fact I found out this past week though about the race....They had us go the wrong way and we ran a extra half mile. haha This explains the strong sense of me wanting to die during the end!! Either way it was a great experience and I can't wait to do another one and try to beat my time. I'm doing another 5K for sure in June with one of my best friends Tracy! I can't wait!!!


This past Saturday I spent pretty much all day in Kansas City watching my sister Row! My sisters boat won.....Which was SO exciting and special for her since it was Senior Day. I can't believe both the girls are seniors this year it makes me feel old. It was a wonderful Saturday!! The whole family came out to support Liss....I'm talking aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas, grandpa, friends, sisters and parents! The Works! I'll post pictures of the day soon! My cousin took the pictures and hasn't posted them yet. 




A potential adventure/ exciting news!!! I may or may not be going to SPAIN this summer! I am still weighing the financial cost and what the "Right" thing to do is, but I am leaning toward Spain! My aunt, her bf and my cousin are going in July and she asked if I wanted to join. I've been thinking about it all week and have been debating back and forth. (side note: I'm currently in the saving process to buy a house.) So option 1 is stay here, save money and buy a house this summer. Or option 2 go to Spain come home and rent. As great as being a home owner at 24 would be I'm leaning towards the adventure/travel option. I mean you only live once right?? When am I really going to have this opportunity again?? My cousin plans to run with the bulls again so I would get to partake/ observe this madness!
I would most definitely be observing from one of those balconies!
This running business is no joke!
I will update you on my final decision once I've made it! Easter is today and church service was absolutely wonderful! All of the little girls looked adorable in their Easter dresses!! Pastor delivered a beautiful Easter message and the music team led amazing worship that left me in tears and gave me chills. 
Hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday and was able to spend it with loved ones!

No comments: